Social Worker (Part-Time; 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract) (Ref: 171333)
We are currently recruiting for a Social Worker to join our committed team in our new state-of-the art Adult Hospice based in Somerton House, Belfast. With attractive terms and conditions, this opportunity to provide a vital service in a rewarding role could be the new role that you are looking for!
Salary: Based on Band 6
Hours: 22 ½ hours per week
Contract: Temporary 1year fixed-term post
Location: Northern Ireland Hospice, 74 Somerton Road, Belfast, BT15 3LH
Role Overview: To provide a specialist palliative social work service to patients and their families, encompassing both pre and post bereavement care.
- To work as part of the social work team at Northern Ireland Hospice and work across the In-patient unit, Day Hospice, Out-patients services and other social work services, as appropriate.
- To deliver specialist palliative care social work interventions for those with identified complex holistic needs.
Essential Criteria includes:
- Recognised Social Work qualification
- Registered with the NISCC
- A minimum of 3 years recent post-qualifying experience in a health related field
- 2 years recent experience of working with people who have life-limited conditions and/or palliative care needs
For further information and/or to apply please download the job description and application pack below. Alternatively please contact a member of the HR team on 02890 781836, or via email Applications may be submitted to The Monitoring Officer, Head Office, 18 O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey, BT36 6WB or via email
Closing Date for Application is Friday, 12 May 2017.