Northern Ireland Hospice is fully committed to fostering, encouraging and supporting a quality research culture internally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Northern Ireland Hospice and Ulster University work collaboratively on research studies as a multi professional research committee.
View below details of our Funded Research Projects, Conference Presentations, Publications and Teaching Resources and Courses.
The remit of the group is to:
- Identify research and development needs, priorities and direction
- Promote research awareness and research skills training
- Encourage and facilitate research activity through agreed programmes of research
- Undertake high quality research at regional and international level
- Promote and maintain strategic links and partnerships
- Ensure that research and development policies reflect Research Governance and regional guidelines
Have You Any Research Ideas? Would You Like to Become Involved in Research?
We can provide advice, support and assistance in developing a proposal. Please contact the Education & Research Department, 74 Somerton Road, Belfast BT15 3LH T: 028 90781836, E:
Recent Journal Publications
- De Witt Jansen, B., Brazil, K., Passmore, P., Buchanan, H., Maxwell, D., Mcilfatrick, S.J., Morgan, S.M., Watson, M. and Parsons, C., (2016) Nurses’ experiences of pain management for people with advanced dementia approaching the end of life: a qualitative study. Journal of Clinical Nursing.
- White, C; McIlfatrick, S.; Dunwoody, L. and Watson, M. (2015) Supporting and improving community health services – a prospective evaluation of ECHO technology in community palliative care nursing teams. BMJ Supportive & Palliative Care, p1-7. doi:10.1136/bmjspcare-2015-000935.
- Hutcheson, S.; McMullan, D.J.; Lundy, E.; Jackson, N. and White, C. (2015) Psychiatric conditions in palliative medicine. Medicine, 43, (12), p719-721.
- Mc Veigh, C. (2015) Palliative Care for patients with non-malignant respiratory disease. Cancer Nursing Practice, 29, (36), p44-51.
- Ward, S; Watson, M and White, C. (2015) Patients’ own drugs and bedside lockers: can they be of benefit in hospices? European Journal of Palliative Care, 22 (1), p10-13
- Mc Veigh, C. L.,Palliative Medicine, Reid J., Hudson P., Larkin P., Porter S. & Marley A.M. (2014) ‘The experiences of palliative care health service provision for people with non-malignant respiratory disease and their caregivers: an all-Ireland study.’ , 70 (3), pp. 687-697. (doi: 10•1111/jan.12240)